Monday, February 19, 2018

The Escape


Leaving the very spot I am
Leaving behind myself
Leaving behind my troubles
Running away or leaving…
There's no difference
Escaping from life itself
Though be it temporary it's enough
For a break I'm in desperate need of
A short break or long break
Let me hide away from life itself
Cruel and relentless
No matter what I'll never truly escape
Life will find me and retrieve me
It'll pump me with fear, depression, and despair
Life and reality will find me once again
There's no way I can escape them
As I hide in my fantasies
Let me pretend to fly away, far, far away…
Leave me with my fantasies
I've escaped reality
For now I'm free until reality retrieves me
Please let me escape reality
Fantasies please hide me away
Imaginations please carry me away
Reality is on its way to thwart my escape
Once again I'm escaping reality
Soon it'll find me then pump me with anger, sadness and angst 
Let me run and escape to my fantasies
Allow me to escape reality
Let me pretend to fly away to my fantasies 
Marcellus Watts

No comments:

Post a Comment