Monday, December 26, 2016

What is boredom?

I ask myself this many times. What is boredom? How do you know you are bored and where the heck does it come from?

If you remember the first time you logged into second life and how excited you were to find such an amazing place. Did you not spend hours and hours exploring and learning about this place? Yes of course you did!
Never did you felt bored. 

Why is unclear. Take depression: “One possibility is that boredom causes depression; another is that depression causes boredom; another is that they’re mutually causative; another is that boredom is an epiphenomenon or another component of depression; and another is that there’s another third variable that causes both boredom and depression,” explains Dr. John Eastwood, a clinical psychologist at York University in Toronto. “So we’re at the very beginning stages of trying to figure it out.”
I know I have to take this into my own hands and figure it out why we need to be constantly entertained by something. It is like a drug where we need another hit to remain at the same level of satisfaction.





This is actually my favorite quote:

“I’m bored’ is a useless thing to say. I mean, you live in a great, big, vast world that you’ve seen none percent of. Even the inside of your own mind is endless; it goes on forever, inwardly, do you understand? The fact that you’re alive is amazing, so you don’t get to say ‘I’m bored.”
― Louis C.K.
So go out there...do stuff...read, explore, laugh or just relax. It is all good!!! You are breathing :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment